Silicon Carbide Ceramic Foam Filter
AceChemPack Silicon Carbide Ceramic Foam Filter is thermally conductive (ceramic foam filters are insulating oxide ceramics). Therefore, there is less temperature gradient between the hot and cold sides of the filter. This means less superheat is required in the hearth, and less sludging occurs because temperature can be maintained in the dip-out well. Actual temperature gradients depend on furnace design, well area, metal throughput, and filter cleanliness. Gradients less than 5℃ exist with steady metal flow - for example, during continuous dip-out, ladling, or pouring - and when oxide buildup, which is insulating, is removed periodically
Applications: Filters for Molten Iron & Alloy, nodular cast iron castings, grey iron castings and malleable castings, and for the filtration of non-ferrous metals
Material: SiC (Silicon Carbide)
Working Temperature: 1500℃
Pore Size: 10,20,30,40,50,60 PPI
1) Select suitable temperature filter according to kinds of alloy, the filter should not exceed temperature and damage.
2) Select suitable bore density, purification is fit in with quality of casting.
3) Select dimension of suitable filter, not increase time of moulding.
4) Reduce the second dreg.
5) Porosity: filter 80-90% when founding
1) The product of other specifications can also be prepared according to customers' requirement.
2) PPI (Pores Per Inch), the ppi means the number of holes per inch.
Circle Shape (mm): D*H D=30～200mm H=5～20mm
Square Shape (mm): L*W*H L=40～600mm W=40～600mm H=10～50mm
Other specifications of Silicon Carbide Ceramic Foam Filters are available on your request.
Company：Hangzhou AceChemPack Tower Packing Co.,Ltd.
Address：RM 801, Qinglian Bilding, No 139, Qingchun Road, Hangzhou 310003